IKEA is seeking a skilled carpenter to assist with the opening of their new Jacksonville location.
ABOUT THE JOB The Retail Management Store Operations job family ensures a sustainable, safe, clean and functional environment for other co-workers, visitors and customers in order to protect and maintain the store’s assets and buildings, in strict adherence with all applicable local and federal regulations and standards. Maintains the building, mechanical operating systems, commercial and non selling areas, interior and exterior in “shape as new” in order to promote the image and brand of IKEA and maintain a safe environment.
YOUR ASSIGNMENT Your tasks will include:
- Ensures high quality wall and floor installations, carpentry, paintwork and, where appropriate, other craft skills.
- Prepares commercial areas (room settings, merchandising solutions and wall displays) and non-selling areas.
- Removes outgoing media and display merchandise from commercial areas.
- Deconstructs any merchandise not going to As-Is.
- Performs site mechanical and building maintenance (preventative and reactive) as scheduled or required.
- Orders, maintains, stores, constructs, deconstructs and keeps an accurate inventory of all merchandising solutions (white racking).
- Completes basic maintenance tasks and routines for IT equipment as scheduled or required.
YOUR PROFILE Your knowledge, skills and experience include:
- High School Diploma, GED or Equivalent
- Certified Lead Carpenter (CLC) Preferred
- Good carpentry skills.
- Experience with mechanical and building maintenance.
GROWING TOGETHER IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace. And as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.