Prospective students who attended high school in the United States or Canada, are age 16 and older, and need 7 or fewer credits to graduate may enroll in FCTC’s Adult High School and earn a St. Johns County School District High School Diploma. Students with a “High School Certificate of Completion” may also earn a complete St. Johns County School District High School Diploma with FCTC.
FCTC’s High School Completion Program is a blended learning program where students work independently online and also attend each course’s weekly face-to-face classroom session. Face-to-face meetings are held in the evenings from 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, depending on the student’s schedule.
Tuition is $30 per term for a maximum cost of $90 per year.
Students who require more than 7 credits to graduate or do not wish to participate in the High School Completion Program, can enroll in the GED Program.
Students under age 18:
- Students age 16 to 18 must be legally withdrawn from their High School and present proof of their withdrawal at the time of registration.
- Students under age 18 will likely have their Driver’s License suspended when they withdraw from their high school. High School Completion Students are required to complete 6 weeks of instruction with no unauthorized absences before FCTC will issue an attendance verification letter to a student for presentation to the Florida Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Step 1: Complete your pre-registration application
- Step 2: Send your high school transcripts to FCTC
- Step 3: Providing your transcripts have been evaluated and you are qualified, the Adult Ed Department will contact you to inform you when to come to the campus to pay your $30 tuition fee, get your student ID card and Parking Pass, and begin your courses.
Questions: Contact email or call (904) 547-3434
Prospective Students between 16 and 24 years old may qualify for additional financial aid and financial incentives through the Career Navigators Program. Call (904) 547-3466 for details. Additional information is available at Career Navigators.
Explore more through My Career Shines
Unsure of what Career is right for you? Do you want to find a job that is fulfilling and exciting? FCTC has partnered with Florida Shines so our students can pave their way to a meaningful and rewarding profession. Florida Shines offers a series of questions that help you decide how your interests align with your future. Educational pathways and job outcomes are available, as well as self-assessment tools and a resume builder.