The First Coast Technical College is a postsecondary institution, which accepts applications on a nondiscriminatory basis from anyone having the interest, ability, and desire to benefit from career and technical education programs. To assist students in meeting their goals, there are minimum age, educational, and health requirements established for each program. In addition to career and technical training programs, FCTC offers Adult Basic Education classes and GED preparation classes. The College also offers secondary high school programs and dual enrollment programs through articulation agreements with Clay, Putnam, and St. Johns county school districts. Special applications for secondary students are available. The FCTC Guidance Counselor, located in Building A, may be contacted for assistance at any stage of the enrollment process.
Special Application Process
The following programs require a special application process: Emergency Medical Technician, Fire Fighter II, Medical Assisting, Paramedic, Massage Therapy, Dental Assisting, and Practical Nursing. Applications for these specialty programs may be picked up and returned to the appropriate program area at FCTC, or an application can be downloaded from our website (www.fctc.edu).
- Meet with the Guidance Counselor/Student Advisor to review occupational goals, discuss program requirements, and examine financial aid options.
- Register and pay a non-refundable registration fee.
- Attend an Orientation to the campus, resources, and College policies. Complete the TABE, Wonderlic, or CASAS assessment to determine current reading, math and language levels.
- Meet with counselor/Student Advisor to review assessment and program offerings, and visit classrooms prior to registration. An entry date is provided from Registration Office.
- Complete the enrollment process at Registration Office and pay applicable fees. All fees are due at time of registration unless a deferment has been issued by the Financial Aid Department, a proper waiver has been secured, or a letter of intent to pay for tuition has been issued by a government agency or private business.
- Receive an Identification Card and Admission Slip.
- Enter class on the date provided.
First Coast Technical College participates with Clay, Putnam and St. Johns County high schools in a Dual Enrollment Program that provides students with an opportunity to take technical electives at FCTC while obtaining the required academic courses at their high school. Interested students should contact their high school counselor.
Please Download Dual Enrollment Forms:
Testing is required of all adult students and postsecondary students enrolling in a technical program of 450 hours or more. Additionally the EMT Program also requires assessment. For all required programs, this assessment must be completed within six weeks of initial enrollment or prior to enrollment. This examination is designed to assess students’ skills level in reading, math and language.
Basic skills assessment at the First Coast Technical College shall be accomplished utilizing the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE), Wonderlic, or the Comprehensive Adult Student Assessment System (CASAS) as approved for use by the Florida Department of Education. Testing is scheduled through registration by telephone or in person. Students must meet the testing standards for their technical program before they can receive a certificate or enter into a Co-op program. High school students, except for dual-enrollment students, are exempt from testing as they continue to receive their academic instruction at their high school. If they continue in a technical course as an adult, after completing high school, they must be tested within six weeks of reaching adult status, if they have not already been tested. Adult students who have an Associate in Arts Degree or higher, are exempt from the assessment.
To view TABE requirements by Program CLICK HERE.
To OBTAIN TRANSCRIPTS Click on the link to download the transcript request form. Fill out the form and follow the instructions to receive official copies of your First Coast Technical College Transcript. CLICK HERE!!