Alachua County Board of County Commissioners
12 SE 1st Street Gainesville, FL 32601
Job Title: Rescue Lieutenant I
This is responsible technical and supervisory work in the Alachua County Fire Rescue Department providing medical care to the critically ill or injured and performing firefighting duties as required by the situation.
This is an emergency essential classification. Upon declaration of a disaster and/or emergency, all employees in this classification are required to work.
An employee assigned to this classification is the supervisor on an ALS ambulance who is responsible for rendering initial evaluations of patients and performing basic and/or advanced life support procedures on the sick or injured and performing firefighter duties including combating, extinguishing and preventing fires as required.
Work is performed within standard guidelines and under physician’s orders. An employee is expected to exercise considerable independent judgment, based on technical training in the emergency medical field. Work is reviewed by higher level supervision through quality assurance, reports and observation of results obtained.
Starting Pay: $48,921.60 Annually
Graduation from high school or equivalent. Successful completion of a pre-employment physical examination and criminal history background check are required prior to employment. Upon submission of application on-line or in person, proof of the following must be provided in the following manner by the closing date of this position or your application will not be forwarded to the hiring manager: Proof can be submitted in person, by mail, by attaching to your application, or by fax to 352-374-5233 to Human Resources:
Upon submission of application, proof of the following must be provided:
1. Current State of Florida Paramedic certification.
2. Current designation as an Advanced Cardiac Life Support Provider.
3. A valid Florida Driver License is required and a Motor Vehicle Record that meets the requirements of Alachua County policy # 6-7; Motor Vehicle Records will be reviewed prior to employment. If in the past 24-month period, the record shows more than 3 moving traffic violations, and/or a conviction/pending charge for driving under the influence, the minimum qualifications are not met for the position.
4. Successful applicants must meet all requirements for Drivers as listed in Florida Statutes 401.281.
Upon appointment to position, the following must be completed and maintained as a condition of employment:
1. Current State of Florida Firefighter Certificate of Compliance or ability to obtain State of Florida Firefighter Certificate of Compliance within one year from the initial date of full-time employment with Alachua County Department of Fire Rescue in accordance with Florida Statute, Title XXXVII, Chapter 633, Section 35, paragraph (2) (FS 633.35(2)).
2. Successful completion of a course in Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support or Basic Trauma Life Support must be obtained within the first twelve months upon appointment to position and maintained as a condition of employment.
3. Certification by the Alachua County Medical Director within the first month of employment and maintain this certification as a condition of employment.
NOTE: EXTERNAL APPLICANTS MUST ADDITIONALLY SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING
ALONG WITH ALL OTHER DOCUMENTATION LISTED ABOVE:
1. A sworn affidavit attesting to the non-use of tobacco products. Please contact Human Resources at 352-374-5219 to obtain this form.
NOTE: RECRUITMENT FOR THIS POSITION IS TO ESTABLISH A HIRING/PROMOTIONAL ELIGIBILITY LIST THAT WILL REMAIN IN EFFECT FOR UP TO TWO YEARS.
NOTE: TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS VACANCY, ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE AT: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/alachua
CLOSE DATE/TIME: Fri. 06/28/19 11:59 PM Eastern Time