ARCpoint Labs of St. Augustine
2744 US Highway 1 South; St. Augustine, FL 32086
Certified Medical Assistant
The medical assistant is responsible for managing and implementing ALL aspects of client services they are legally qualified to handle. The medical assistant oversees client services, and performs or supervises daily lab duties.
· At a minimum – Graduation from an accredited, Medical Assistant program, with demonstrated excellence in the areas of medical terminology, anatomy, venipuncture, and administration of IM & subcutaneous injections
· Current BCLS certification – compliance with OSHA and HIPPA
· Certified or Registered Medical Assistant credentials preferred
· TB testing and FLU vaccinations are required.
· Trained (by either our own corporate trainer or other approved third party) on DOT collection and alcohol breathalyzer testing, and qualified in all other areas of Non-DOT drug and alcohol testing.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to relate to clients and co-workers
· Proficient computer skills and ability to learn new software
· Meet any and all local, state, or federal regulations and laws to perform listed duties
· Available and willing to work (fill in required hours here), including on-site visits and appearing as the custodian of records under subpoena for court hearings
· Ability to relate well to a wide range of clients and be courteous and helpful
· Calm demeanor and ability to resolve conflict
· Demonstrated high personal standards of honesty and integrity
· Ability to work well independently, without direct supervision
· Professional attitude in manner, appearance, attitude, and observance of client confidentiality
· Demonstrated professional competence in blood draws for a wide variety of clients with minimal bruising, sticks, rejections or customer complaints.
· Ability to communicate with all clients and potential clients on all aspects of blood, drug & alcohol testing services that the company offers including detection times, reason for tests, costs, benefits, etc. in order to explain needs for tests and recommend the best options.
· Ability to work after hours or weekends (scheduled or emergency) is preferred
· schedule appointments
· greet and handle client issues
· maintain client records via data entry and manually
· collect a range of specimens for various drug and clinical testing
· take vital signs
· draw blood for tests and administer injections and titers
· perform basic cleaning to comply with lab protocol
· maintain inventory including ordering, receiving and storing
· answer phone, check email, check voice mail and fax
· court appearance as custodian of records
· handle on-site testing
Job Types: Part-time, Contract, Temporary
EMR systems: 1 year (Preferred)
Vital signs: 1 year (Required)
Phlebotomy: 2 years (Required)
BLS Certification (Required)
Certified Medical Assistant (Required)