Urgent Care Schedule: M-F 7am-7pm, Sat 9am-6pm, Sun 9am-4pm
Why join Ascension?
- Caring Team: Working together as a team, our associates are incredibly supportive of each other and care for each other as family.
- More Than a Job: Working for Ascension is more than just a job. It’s a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the community. With a mission established 100 years ago, your role on the team will contribute to a legacy that has supported our community for over a century.
- Strength in our People: At Ascension, we believe our people are our strength and we invest in them. In addition to the chance to have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve, associates benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages. We also support work-life balance and spirituality in the workplace. Tuition reimbursement for qualified degrees and programs.
- Wellbeing Programs: Transforming healthcare starts with taking care of our associates. We know our associates are busy and on the go. We provide our team resources and tools to help them proactively manage their physical, spiritual, and emotional wellbeing.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we provide a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace. For eligible hires.
One of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable.
Nationally, Ascension operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 19 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including clinical and network services, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
Ascension Florida, Georgia and Gulf Coast includes Ascension Providence in Mobile, Alabama, Ascension Sacred Heart based in Pensacola, Florida, Ascension St. Vincent’s southern Georgia and Ascension St. Vincent’s based in Jacksonville, Florida. Ascension Florida and Gulf Coast operates nine hospitals and more than 100 other sites of care, employing more than 13,000 associates. Across the region, Ascension Providence, Ascension Sacred Heart and Ascension St. Vincent’s have served North Florida, Georgia and South Alabama communities for more than 165 years.
A great opportunity to join the Ascension St. Vincent’s team. Please bring your talents to our team!
What You Will Do
Provide basic and advanced life support treatment, care and evaluation of patients.
- Identify, intervene, and stabilize the ill or injured patient under the direction and in collaboration with a physician and/or Registered Nurse.
- Initiate and implement interventions based on transport team protocols.
- Monitor, record, and communicate patient condition and treatment, as appropriate.
- Provide population specific education to the patient and family about the patient’s illness and therapeutic interventions.
- Inspect, maintain, and care for equipment to ensure safety of the transport team, patients and public.
What You Will Need
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- One or more of the following required:
- Emergency Medical Tech credentialed from the Florida Emergency Medical Services obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Paramedic credentialed from the Florida Emergency Medical Services obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date
- Drivers License credentialed from the Florida Bureau of Motor Vehicles preferred.
- Emergency Medical Tech credentialed from the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) preferred.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) preferred.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate’s degree, or Technical degree required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team
Ascension St. Vincent’s in Jacksonville, Florida, has been providing caregivers in every discipline a rewarding career in healthcare since 1873. Serving Northeast Florida and Southeast Georgia, Ascension St. Vincent’s is home to the largest cardiovascular program between Atlanta and Orlando; and is widely recognized for delivering quality, compassionate care to all, especially to those most in need. We provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a collaborative work environment, professional development opportunities, and more to help our associates flourish personally and professionally. If you are looking to make an immediate impact in your community, explore a career with us today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ministry Name is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.