FIRST COAST TECHNICAL COLLEGE
CARES ACT EMERGENCY FINANCIAL AID GRANTS TO STUDENTS 45-DAY REPORT - August 2, 2020
1. An acknowledgment that the institution signed and returned to the Department the Certification and Agreement and the assurance that the institution has used, or intends to use, no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
2. The total amount of funds that the institution will receive or has received from the Department pursuant to the institution’s Certification and Agreement [for] Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.
3. The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under Section 18004(A)(1) of the CARES Act as of the date of submission (i.e., as of the 30-day Reportand every 45 days thereafter).
As of September 18, 2020, First Coast Technical College has distributed a total of $155,265 to students. This amount constitutes $154,178 of the student portion and $1,087 of the institutional portion.
4. The estimated total number of students at the institution eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
As of September 18, 2020, First Coast Technical College deemed 165 students were eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
5. The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
A total of 164 students were disbursed CARES Act funds on July 31, 2020 in the amount of $941.00 each.
6. The method(s) used by the institution to determine which students receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants and how much they would receive under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
First Coast Technical College reviewed students who met all of the qualifying criteria listed under “Who is Eligible for CARES Act Funds?” located on the CARES Act section of FCTC’s website. It was determined that CARES Act funds would be disbursed evenly amongst all eligible students.
7. Any instructions, directions, or guidance provided by the institution to students concerning the Emergency Financial Aid Grants.
Instructions, directions, and/or guidance provided to First Coast Technical College students may be found at https://fctc.edu/financial-aid/caresact/. The announcement made to students regarding CARES Act funds was sent to all students via email on June 17, 2020.