100 Tensolite Drive, St. Augustine, FL
Manufacturing Associate – SUMMARY
Manufactures wire and cable products
Understand, translate, and process work orders/production documents; tend/operate multiple production machines; load and unload spools/drums; weigh materials; adjust/calibrate and change parts on machinery; perform electrical tests; perform quality assurance tests; clean/lubricate production machines; troubleshoot production machines; perform tests and checks on products; operate ovens; operate micrometer and other testing equipment; handle bare product; move raw materials and finished goods; practice 5S.
*Other duties may be assigned
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Mathematical skills — Addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division skills, using all units of measure (whole numbers, fractions, and decimals).
* Ability to track and record production results and follow priorities to ensure on-time completion of tasks.
* Must have physical dexterity.
* Good vision and eye-hand coordination.
* Ability to use production tools and equipment.
* Performs all tasks in a safe and efficient manner to protect one’s self, others, products, materials and other company assets from harm.
* Operates with a high degree of integrity in the performance of duties to foster good working relationships, develop a spirit of teamwork, and accomplish job goals
* Must be able to hear audible alarms for building evacuation and shelter in place, and moving equipment.
* Must be able to hear audible equipment alarms and other noises associated with product problems in order to avoid scrap.
* Must be able to communicate in English; written and verbal.
* Physical Demands: Standing, sitting, walking, reaching, bending, twisting, stoop, kneel, crouch, pushing/pulling, handling and feeling. Must independently lift, carry, and wield up to 50 pounds; must lift and move, with mechanical lifts and by rolling, 100 pounds or more. Must be able to work at heights; work around or with moving machinery; operate mobile equipment.
Hours: 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift openings
Starting Pay: $11
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School diploma or equivalent
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
TRAVEL: This position doesn’t require travel.
Instructions on how to apply