Lawn Crew Foreman (Manager to a crew of 5-7ppl)
Pay Scale: Weekly
Benefits Available: Paid Holiday, Professional Uniforms, Comprehensive Training for Career Advancement.
A Landscape Management Crew Leader is a working team member that oversees, lawn mowing, clean-ups, mulching, trimming, landscape maintenance, pruning, trimming, fertilization, weed control, planting of trees and shrubs, flower installation, leaf clean-ups, and similar tasks. Crew Leaders take the lead in a Crew of up to 7 persons. This position reports to a Project Manager.
• Licensed arbor care and tree trimming services a plus
• Landscape irrigation repairs and maintenance a plus
This requires managerial experience. You must know your equipment, be able to work with your team and the following (job description): provides facility maintenance to commercial, industrial, institutional, government and corporate clients.
• Ability to work with diversity in a constructive way.
• A valid driver’s license and good driving record necessary.
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
• Strong work ethic
• Arriving on time to warehouse
•Check in and/out with customers; ensuring that customers are satisfied completely through effective communication, relationship building and regular site visits.
•Be able to recognize deficiencies on landscape to record on written report and submit to office.
Position Requirements: Able to effectively communicate in the English language
• Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
• Minimum of 2 years experience working with commercial sized properties (homes & condominiums).
• Drive company vehicles as directed
• Operate various types of equipment and machinery associated with this job description
• Professional landscape maintenance operations
• Landscape repairs, restoration, and remediation plan.
• Perform other assigned tasks related to landscape management
• Experience with customer service
• Able to recognize when they do not have the answer for the customer and let them know they will find out or get the Project Manager involved
• Keeps the Project Manager aware of all client concerns and communication on the job site
• Maintains positive, responsive, and flexible attitude to all customers.
• Inspects site and advises Project Manager of potential liabilities Crew Supervision
• Ensures that the crew meets projected man hour and materials budgets on assigned work tickets
• Prepares and secures all materials, tools and equipment first thing in the morning for that day’s schedule
• Tops off with fuel, turns in paperwork to office, cleans service vehicle and prepares for next day’s activity
• Able to assign tasks to crew members (if applicable) and follow up to make sure that work was completed properly
• Ensures that all crew members (if applicable) report to work on time and follow all company rules and procedures.
• Takes appropriate disciplinary actions as necessary and involves Project Manager when necessary, Crew Training
• Ensures crew members are trained on company safety policies
• Able to certify crews in the job tasks assigned to the Crew Leader
• Trains crew members (if applicable) to do job effectively and efficiently
• Able to cross train crew members in the performance of Crew Leader’s role for future growth
• Able to evaluate the performance of the crew
• Able to assist the Project Manager in a performance review for crew members
• Able to monitor goals based on evaluation process Safety Management
• Always maintains and promotes safe working conditions in the field
• Follows company procedures on discipline if any safety rules are broken
• Maintains clean, neat, and professional image of service vehicle & trailer
• Ensure crew members maintain professional image using approved uniforms and by monitoring & maintaining proper employee actions Equipment Management
• Ensures all assigned equipment, tools, safety items, vehicles & trailers or other items are maintained in proper working order by following proper maintenance and inventory schedules
• Is accountable for neglect and abuse of assigned equipment Administrative
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Can organize and implement work schedule
• Responsible for the following forms and procedures
• Accident Reporting Forms
• Equipment Inventory Form
• Equipment Repair/Request
• Monthly Vehicle Safety Inspection
• Trailer Safety Inspection Form
• Quality Control Inspection Form
• Daily Property Inspections which include reports for Irrigation, Outdoor Pest Control, Arbor Care Needs, and Landscape
• Able to operate a smart phone, send and receive emails, take digital photos
• Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information Work Environment/Physical Requirements
• Work in/or about situations near direct automotive traffic
• Work near or about natural bodies of water
• Work with various types of work lifts
• Able to work extended shifts if required by Management
• Ability to work in extreme conditions – working temperatures may exceed 95 degrees Fahrenheit
• Ability to work in direct sunlight for extended periods of time
• Ability to lift and carry 75 lbs.
• Ability to bend, stoop and twist continuously throughout the day
How will my rate of pay be determined?
Hiring Managers on assigning The Appropriate Rate of Pay Based On a Variety Of Factors Including Each job category has a range of pay associated with it.
• Years of proven experience for the job you are applying for
• If you qualify and meet our underwriting procedures to drive company vehicles
• Your knowledge and ability to operate equipment classes
• If you have special licensing, such as a CDL, Pesticide Applicators License, Tree Trimming License, ISA Arborist Certification, Lift Certification, etc.
• References of direct supervisors impact the rate of pay of new hires
• Hiring managers can rate match a recruited team member from a competitor
For more information, please visit www.cuttersedgepro.com
We are drug free workplace by choice.
Location: Davie (Broward County)
Competitive pay depending on qualifications. Submit wage request with resume.
To apply for this position, please send an email to: