Transfer Center EMT – Paramedic
Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At the North Florida Transfer Center we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a Transfer Center EMT – Paramedic and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.
*Potential opportunity to work from home in a partial rotation after orientation period.
Job Summary and Qualifications:
As a Transfer Center EMT, you are responsible for coordinating ambulance transports to appropriate HCA Healthcare facilities. You will coordinate patient transport from HCA Healthcare facilities to other facilities and post-acute care providers. You will assist in the coordination of direct admissions and hospital transfers to appropriate HCA Healthcare facilities as directed by the Transfer Center shift supervisor.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Work in a customer-centric transfer and transport call center; respond to all callers with the aid of an electronic database of service profiles, approved clinical protocols and healthcare information.
- Follow specific protocols, policies, procedures, and utilize established resources.
- Work collaboratively with team members ensuring appropriate patient admission.
- Work collaboratively with team members to ensure exceptional consumer experience.
- Efficiently and effectively, manage all hospital transfers and transports.
- Establish and maintain a high degree of awareness and knowledge of hospitals’ medical staff, services, and special programs.
- Exhibit and model exceptional customer relationship behaviors, including telephone and personal contact with all of the call center’s customer groups (i.e. physicians and their office staffs, callers, and fellow employees).
- Maintain composure and customer-centric communication with challenging callers.
- EMT Certificate (required), Paramedic (preferred)
- Minimum 2 years of clinical or hospital experience required.
- Call Center/Transfer Center experience preferred
- EMT or Paramedic
The HCA North Florida Transfer Center handles the patient movement and logistics for over 40 HCA hospitals and free-standing emergency rooms across a 3 state region including Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina. Located in Jacksonville, Florida, our mission is to assist in the clinical placement and movement of critical patients both into and out of our facilities providing timely access to care for our patients when minutes matter the most. The transfer center is staffed 24/7 with seasoned clinical professionals who collaborate between physicians, hospitals, and other immediate health care settings to coordinate the timely movement of high acuity patients such as STEMI, stroke, trauma, neonatal care, and so forth. Our team is committed to the care and improvement of human life; impacting over 100,000 patients annually through support to hospital staff both for our HCA facilities and other facilities locally and in outlying markets.
Job Type: Full-time
- Clinical or Hospital: 2 years (Required)
- EMT Certification (Required)