Horticulture Technician I (Full/Part-Time)
Are you a positive team player with passion for plants, animals, and nature? Does creating and maintaining beautiful gardens sound like the career for you? Join our diverse team of zoo professionals who strive to be the very best!
Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens is the largest public garden in Northeast Florida. We are a world class zoo and garden unlike many other zoos. Our passion for plants and gardening is well known. Our award-winning gardens and animal exhibits combine to make a beautiful and inspiring experience for our guests and employees.
Horticulture Technician I
This position is a team player responsible to provide garden care, landscape care, plant nursery care, care of plant life in animal areas. You have experience in landscape or ground maintenance with a strong interest in plants or landscaping. The duties include planting, weeding, pruning, and general maintenance of the gardens and grounds.
Do you have…
- Experience with landscape or ground maintenance?
- A valid Florida driver’s license is required?
- A strong interest in plants and landscaping?
- Available for disaster-response duties and responsibilities?
- Available to work special events that may occur outside of regular work schedule, including evenings, weekends or holidays, as assigned?
- Must be able to transverse zoo grounds and construction site on foot.
- Must be able to the ability to dig, sweep, rake, crouch, push, pull, climb, balance, stoop, bend, kneel, work in adverse weather.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. without difficulty.
- Must be able to work in adverse weather conditions.
- Must be able to operate motorized cart.
- Free, Zoo membership with many discounts.
- We’re committed to giving you growth opportunities to help you reach your career goals.
- Tuition Reimbursement for eligible employees.
- Low-cost medical/dental benefits and retirement plan match program.
Diversity and equality as a value
Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens embraces diversity in a meaningful way and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of a person’s actual or perceived race, color, ancestry, national origin, place of birth, sex, age, religion, creed, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, weight, or height.
EOE / DRUG FREE WORKPLACE