Memorial Hospital of Jacksonville
Transfer Center EMT – Paramedic
*Sign on bonus offered!*
Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At the Transfer Center we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as an EMT and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.
At the Transfer Center we want to ensure we support you through all stages of your life as an EMT. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Transfer Center EMT, you are responsible for coordinating ambulance transports to appropriate HCA Healthcare facilities. You will coordinate patient transport from HCA Healthcare facilities to other facilities and post-acute care providers. You will assist in the coordination of direct admissions and hospital transfers to an appropriate HCA Healthcare facilities as directed by the Transfer Center shift supervisor.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Work in a customer-centric transfer and transport call center; respond to all callers with the aid of an electronic database of service profiles, approved clinical protocols and healthcare information.
- Follow specific protocols, policies, procedures, and utilize established resources.
- Work collaboratively with team members ensuring appropriate patient admission.
- Work collaboratively with team members to ensure exceptional consumer experience.
- Efficiently and effectively, manage all hospital transfers and transports.
- Establish and maintain a high degree of awareness and knowledge of hospitals’ medical staff, services, and special programs.
- Exhibit and model exceptional customer relationship behaviors, including telephone and personal contact with all of the call center’s customer groups (i.e. physicians and their office staffs, callers, and fellow employees).
- Maintain composure and customer-centric communication with challenging callers.
- Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement.”
- All other duties as assigned.
- EMT Certificate (required), Paramedic (preferred)
- Minimum 2 years of clinical or hospital experience required.
- Call Center/Transfer Center experience preferred
- EMT or Paramedic
HCA Healthcare (Corporate), based in Nashville, Tennessee, supports a variety of corporate roles from business operations to administrative positions. Like our colleagues in any HCA Healthcare hospital, our corporate campus employees enjoy unparalleled resources and opportunities to reach their potential as healthcare leaders and innovators. From market rate compensation to continuing education and career advancement opportunities, every person has a solid foundation for success. Nashville is also home to our Executive Development Program, where exceptional employees are groomed to take on CNO- and COO-level roles in our hospitals. This selective program focuses on ethics, leadership and the financial and clinical knowledge required of professionals at this level of the industry.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
“Good people beget good people.”- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If growth and continued learning is important to you, we encourage you to apply for our Patient Logistics Specialist opening. Our team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.