Southeast Orthopedic Specialists
216 Southpark Circle East
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
A non-exempt employee who is a point of contact for all clinical and patient issues for a designated team
employee will assist providers with appropriate, timely, and accurate documentation of surgical orders. Team
Coordinators also complete clerical activities necessary to assist with the processing of physician orders for tests
medications, as well as gathering necessary information such as labs, radiology reports, etc.
• Professional, non-intrusive interaction with patients, physicians, and other co-workers.
• Compliance with HOPCo policies, including those relating to the confidentiality of patient information.
• Assist with all aspects of patient coordination of care as deemed necessary.
• Other duties as assigned, including, but not limited to training other team care coordinators.
• Completes all disability forms/FMLA paperwork.
• Chart Prep for the following clinic days for the team
• Call in prescriptions and refills as authorized by the provider.
• Handle/triage all patient phone calls, voicemail and team email.
• Schedule and reschedule patient appointments as necessary.
• Work with WC adjusters, home health agencies and nurse case managers.
• Manage the Physician’s and Midlevel’s clinical and surgical schedules.
• Have patients fill out anesthesia form for surgery.
• Surgical line up and calling with arrival times.
• Coordinate surgical block time in Surgimate.
• Reschedule surgical procedures.
• Add surgical orders in Athena and fill out accurately with any clearances needed.
• Review and obtain any surgical clearances as needed.
• Submit or Renew Physical Therapy orders.
• High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge preferred.
• Medical Background, Taken an Anatomy Class, Certified Medical Assistant, College degree(s) relating to
How to apply:
Apply using the link below: