The City of Fernandina Beach has an opening for a:
Title: Operator I – Sanitation
Department: Maintenance – Sanitation
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Reports to: Director
Pay Grade: 128 ($15.00 – $21.98)
A. Education and Experience:
High school graduate or GED. Three years of rights-of-way experience, heavy equipment experience, and knowledge and ability to work with the uniform traffic control manual required. A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be considered by the City as a substitute for the minimum qualifications.
Valid Florida driver’s license required.
• Class “B” Commercial Driver’s License.
• Maintenance of Traffic certification required within first six months of employment.
C. Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills:
Ability to operate heavy-duty trucks, dump trucks, tractors, and pay loaders required. Skilled in the maintenance of rights-of way with knowledge of equipment operations, construction, and maintenance methods and practices required. Interpersonal skills required. Good physical condition and ability and willingness to perform required manual tasks required.
Skilled work in the operation of heavy-duty trucks and equipment for the collection, processing, and disposal of yard debris materials.
1. Operates heavy-duty trucks and equipment as required in performance of job functions following all local, state, and federal laws.
2. Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections of equipment.
3. Communicates with director and customers related to the removal of residential yard debris.
4. Assists with improving route efficiency and notifies appropriate staff of potential safety hazards.
5. Comply with OSHA Safety and Health rules.
6. Attends and participates in administrative meetings as required.
7. Investigate complaints/issues throughout the City.
8. Other duties as assigned.
Essential Physical Skills: Acceptable eyesight, hearing (with/without correction), Moderate lifting and carrying (up to 75 lbs.), walking, sitting, standing, kneeling, bending, stooping, crawling, driving, operating equipment. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability.
Environmental Conditions: Work is performed outside in various weather conditions in and around potentially hazardous areas. Works in or with moving objects.
Key Competencies: Energy, Teamwork, Integrity, Safety Awareness, Interpersonal Skills, Adaptability.
City of Fernandina Beach
Attention: Human Resources Director
204 Ash Street
Fernandina Beach, FL 32034