Prepares various food products for restaurant and banquet operations, guest consumption and enjoyment.
* Prepares sufficient quantities of food product in accordance to production plan or forecast needs.
* Wraps, dates, and rotates food items.
* Utilizes whole food products eliminating any waste.
* Maintains overall cleanliness and sanitation standards in assigned areas.
* Alerts chef or supervisor of any equipment breakdowns, food overages, or shortages in a timely manner
* Requisitions inventory and receive supplies as necessary for daily production.
* Ensures proper storage of food items.
* Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
* Regular and reliable attendance.
* Performs other duties as required.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Club/Hotel restaurant experience preferred.
Frequently stands, uses hands, talks, hears, tastes and smells. Regularly walks and reaches with hands and arms. Occasionally sits, climbs, balances, stoops, kneels, crouches, or crawls. Regularly lifts up to 50 pounds and occasionally lifts up to 100 pounds.
Regularly works in extreme heat (non-weather) and near moving mechanical parts. Occasionally works in extreme cold (non-weather), wet or humid conditions (non-weather), near toxic or caustic chemicals, and in outdoor weather. Noise level is moderate.
Food Safety and Sanitation Training
Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Preferences:
* Ability to read and speak English may be required in order to perform the duties of the job (e.g. the associates may be required to communicate with English speaking customers or co-workers, the manuals for the equipment the associates may use are in English).
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associate in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 – $18.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Casual dining restaurant
- Upscale casual restaurant
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: Multiple Locations