Yown’s Boiler Service Inc
Reporting to the Service Manager, the Welder provides welding, fabricating, and fitting services for boiler repairs and assembly with a focus on sound welds for steam and gas systems. As part of the Service Team, this role also participates in mechanical work such as millwrighting, pump change outs, opening boilers, pipe fitting and general labor.
In this role, you will be responsible for creating a positive relationship with customers as you professionally support the maintenance, repair and installation of commercial and industrial equipment in the Jacksonville area.
WHY JOIN US?
· Permanent full-time position
· Competitive compensation
· Paid overtime if evening and weekend work required
· Co-pay Benefit Plan that includes coverage for employee and spousal life insurance, AD&D, Short and long term disability, hospital, prescription drugs, healthcare and dental care
· Retirement Savings Plan
· Family culture
· Team approach to learning and sharing opportunities
· Growing company
Welding and Fabricating
- Engage in welding tasks on boiler components following manufacturer-provided templates and retrofitting parts as needed.
- Fabricate parts as needed (for example, building burner mounting brackets for conversions).
- Perform pressure tests on pressure vessel welds.
- Complete weld preparation by grinding or cutting.
- Weld following all gas metal arc, shielded metal arc, or gas tungsten arc welding procedures and processes.
- Assess equipment, structures, materials and job specifications for appropriate welding positions and methods.
- Clean weld utilizing grinders and/or wire wheels as necessary.
- Provide support for mechanical millwrighting, pump change outs, opening boilers, and pipe fitting.
- Identify potential issues and hazards as proactively as possible.
- Perform general labour, as needed.
- Submit daily work orders including parts used out of inventory, time spent on job, and work performed.
- Other duties as required.
- Build relationships with customers so that they are comfortable with work recommendations and confident in the services being performed.
- Keep customers updated throughout the troubleshooting and repair process.
- Meet with the customer after each service visit to ensure they are satisfied with the job performed and to make proactive recommendations for future work.
- Other duties as required.
Safety and Professionalism
- Employ a safety-first mindset and contribute to a safe environment daily.
- Fully participate in all required training sessions related to position.
- Provide professional feedback on received training and maintain an awareness of any expiry dates related to training requirements.
- Support and train new or less experienced colleagues on various welding processes as required.
- Ensure compliance with all safety training, policies, practices and procedures and consistently apply on the job to create a safe work environment.
- Monitor work environment for hazards and maintain healthy ventilation levels to avoid particle or gas inhalation.
- Ensure proper use of personal protective equipment and the maintenance of engineered controls (e.g. guards).
- Report any potential hazards (e.g. faulty equipment) or potentially hazardous conditions to management immediately.
- Ensure good housekeeping in all workspaces.
- Other duties as required.
TRAINING, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Welding Certification.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with experience in pipe fitting and fabrication.
- Knowledge of industrial boiler systems.
- Ability to confidently use applicable tools and machinery.
- Knowledge of ASME Code.
- Valid G Driver’s License to travel to customer sites.
CORE VALUES, COMPETENCIES AND CHARACTERISITCS:
- Exceptional attention to detail with a strong focus on safety.
- The ability to read and understand technical documents, safety rules, blueprints, manuals, and related documents.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- A thorough knowledge of welding techniques and related tools.
- Customer service ability.
- Time management skills.
We’re Yown’s Boiler & Furnace Service Inc.. Our customers depend on quality steam and hot water equipment in a wide array of essential industries from healthcare, food processing, to steel manufacturing and more. When their equipment breaks down, so do their operations, and they depend on us to provide quality service. It’s vital that we’re there for them when they need us.
We are a Thermogenics company.
Thermogenics is a leading manufacturer of coiled tube steam, hot water and thermal fluid boilers and related equipment. The product portfolio is primarily used for industrial, commercial and institutional applications across North America. The Company also provides best-in-class parts and 24/7 service support delivered via factory-trained technicians and manages a fleet of unique rental equipment to serve temporary or emergency needs. With its comprehensive product and service offering, Thermogenics functions as a one-stop shop for all of its customers’ most complex steam and heating requirements.
The Company operates from its head office in Aurora, ON and maintains sales and service operations in Cincinnati, OH, Jacksonville, FL, and Ottawa, ON.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $28.00 – $33.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Weekly day range:
- Monday to Friday
We have followed the protocols of our government and our customers.