The Adult ESOL Program provides basic English language and life-skills instruction to county residents whose native language is not English. The goal of the program is to provide students with the English language proficiency they need to succeed in life and work.
Classes are divided into several ability levels from beginning literacy to academic English. Students learn English through a variety of methods and materials utilizing workbooks, videos, presentations, and computer software. Classes focus on speaking, reading, writing, and listening in English along with American culture and life-skills lessons.
ESOL classes are available during the following time periods:
- Monday – Thursday 12:30 PM – 3:30 PM
- Monday – Thursday 5:30 PM – 8:30 PM
- Step 1: Complete your pre-registration application
- Step 2: Email or call (904) 547-3282 to set up an appointment with Student Advising for an oral screening
- Step 3: Attend the oral screening
- Step 4: Contact the Test Center at or call (904) 547-3390 and schedule your CASAS Test
- Step 5: Bring your CASAS scores to the registration department, pay your $30 tuition fee, and begin your courses
Questions: Adult Ed email or call (904) 547-3434
Explore more through My Career Shines
Unsure of what Career is right for you? Do you want to find a job that is fulfilling and exciting? FCTC has partnered with Florida Shines so our students can pave their way to a meaningful and rewarding profession. Florida Shines offers a series of questions that help you decide how your interests align with your future. Educational pathways and job outcomes are available, as well as self-assessment tools and a resume builder.
ESOL Program Flyer