What are Secondary Programs?
First Coast Technical College provides students with the opportunity to enroll in technical classes or electives while taking required academic courses at their home high school. Students typically earn 1 to 3 credits per year by enrolling in a technical program that lasts at least two periods.
For a breakdown of certification opportunities, view the Opportunity Awaits Course Progression.
Students receive hands-on training in a work environment lab. Secondary students are exempt from paying tuition. Some programs will require uniforms or safety equipment to be purchased.
What is the Secondary Enrollment Application Process?
Please communicate your interest to your High School Counselor. Complete and return the Secondary Application 2023-24 to your High School Counselors.
What is Secondary Enrollment Application Deadline?
Application due to FCTC by March 10th
Applications due to FCTC by October 27th
*Please note that classes may be limited in the Spring
High School Secondary
- Horticulture Science and Services
- Culinary Arts
- Facials Specialty
- Nails Specialty
- Early Childhood Education
Requirements for Enrollment
Dual Enrollment, High School Secondary and Early Career for RISING 9th graders (current 8th graders) each have specific enrollment requirements which are listed on the applications.
- Good attendance and discipline record
- 2.0 unweighted GPA for dual enrollment only
- On track for graduation
- Room in the student’s schedule for a minimum of two consecutive periods. Also please be advised some courses may require additional periods.
- Interested students must make sure to communicate their interest to their high school counselor.