FCTC’s High School Completion Program is a blended learning program where students work independently online and also attend each course’s weekly face-to-face classroom session. Face-to-face meetings are held in the evenings from 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, depending on the student’s schedule.
FCTC is proud that some of our GED-seeking and ESOL students have simultaneously enrolled in our Industrial, Culinary and Human Services programs. This effort takes communication and coordination between our Adult Education and CTE Instructors. Students who would like to pursue this option need to be aware that they will not be eligible for federal financial aid until a diploma has been earned. Call our Adult Education Coordinator at (904) 547-3434 or email [email protected].
Tuition is $30 per term for a maximum cost of $90 per year.
Students who require more than 7 credits to graduate or do not wish to participate in the High School Completion Program, can enroll in the GED Program.
Students under age 18:
- Students age 16 to 18 must be legally withdrawn from their High School and present proof of their withdrawal at the time of registration.
- Students under age 18 will likely have their Driver’s License suspended when they withdraw from their high school. High School Completion Students are required to complete 6 weeks of instruction with no unauthorized absences before FCTC will issue an attendance verification letter to a student for presentation to the Florida Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Step 1: Complete your pre-registration application
- Step 2: Send your high school transcripts to FCTC
- Step 3: Providing your transcripts have been evaluated and you are qualified, the Adult Ed Department will contact you to inform you when to come to the campus to pay your $30 tuition fee, get your student ID card and Parking Pass, and begin your courses.
Questions: Contact email or call (904) 547-3434
Prospective Students between 16 and 24 years old may qualify for additional financial aid and financial incentives through the Career Navigators Program. Call (904) 547-3434 for details. Additional information is available at Career Navigators.
Explore more through My Career Shines
Unsure of what Career is right for you? Do you want to find a job that is fulfilling and exciting? FCTC has partnered with Florida Shines so our students can pave their way to a meaningful and rewarding profession. Florida Shines offers a series of questions that help you decide how your interests align with your future. Educational pathways and job outcomes are available, as well as self-assessment tools and a resume builder.
Adults with a disability or special needs may qualify for reasonable accommodations such as receiving extended time on assessments. Students who believe that they are entitled to an accommodation are required to make an appointment with the FCTC Student Advisor to disclose their disability and to provide validating documentation. Documentation must be reviewed and approved by Student Advising prior to the student’s use of accommodations.