EMT Class of 2001 and Paramedic Class of 2004
Experience the thrill of treating critically injured patients in a level one trauma center
Provide vital emergency care while working side by side with licensed paramedics, firefighters, nurses, and doctors
Lead a team of experienced paramedics while riding on advanced life support rescue units
Prepared for state and national certification, immediate employment and further education
Student & Alumni Spotlight
WHAT YOU'll LEARN
- Administer approved medications
- Apply an external pacemaker
- Assess a patient’s condition and select appropriate treatment
- EMS communication systems
- HIV/AIDS education
- IV therapy
- Perform advanced airway techniques such as intubation & cricothyrotomy
- Read & interpret standard and twelve lead EKGs
- Shocking a patient to restore a normal heart rhythm
- Treat critically ill or injured patients
|OCP||Course Number||Course Title||Course Length|
First Coast Technical College’s Paramedic Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP).
Paramedic Program Outcomes
CAAHEP Accredited Paramedic Programs and CoAEMSP Letter of Review (LoR) Programs track and report outcome measures annually to the Committee on Accreditation for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP).
The most current CoAEMSP Annual Report was for the calendar year 2020.
The most recent success rate for the National Registry of EMT Paramedic/State Cognitive exam was 87.5%.
The most recent positive placement rate for graduates was 100%. Positive placement is defined by the CoAEMSP as ‘Employed full or part–time in a related field and/or continuing his/her education and/or serving in the military’. Positive placement is measured at completion of the program.
The most recent retention rate was 80%
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
25400 US Highway 19 N., Suite 158, Clearwater, FL 33763
(727) 210-2350 www.caahep.org
To contact CoAEMSP: 8301 Lakeview Parkway, Suite 111-312, Rowlett, TX 75088 (214) 703-8445 FAX (214) 703-8992 www.coaempsp.org.
- Florida Paramedic certification
- NREMT Paramedic certification
- Ambulance service
- Fire stations
- Paramedic – emergency room
- Paramedic – Private ambulance
- Physician offices
Discover how First Coast Technical College prepares students for the Health Sciences industry.
Based upon the 2019 Council on Occupational Education Annual Report for 2017-2018
Steps to Enroll
Instructor / Contact
Are you ready to jumpstart your career?