FCTC’s Public Safety Campus periodically offers training courses for Firefighters, EMTs, Paramedics and other professionals based on requests sufficient to fill a class. Some of the courses are EVOC, EMT Refresher, Tri-County Testing, Fire Apparatus Operator/Pump Ops, etc.
FIRE SERVICE COURSE DESIGN
Date: 8/26/19 – 8/30/19
Required book (not provided): Fire Service Instructor, 2nd edition enhanced, Jones & Bartlett ISBN#978-1284122183
This course covers the principles of effective curriculum design. It stresses the principles of adult learning and student-centered learning. Designing courses and units that address learning, performance, and behavioral objectives is the program goal.
NOTE: Part of Fire Officer II, Fire Instructor II and Fire Instructor III.
Contact Hours: 40
College Credits: 0
Click Create My Account to pre-register, then call Registration at (904) 547-3383 or 3381 to make your payment
These courses are offered periodically based on student need and number of students registered for the course. More information is available at the Public Safety Campus at 3640 Gaines Road in St. Augustine where the classes take place.
- Emergency Vehicle Operators Course (EVOC) – $125.00
- Tri-County Test – $75.00
- CPR – $45.00 plus BLS-CPR book required $16.00 which is available at the Main Campus Bookstore
- Live Fire Adjunct Training – $38.00
- Powered Industrial Trucks (Forklift) Hands-on Driver Training
- The Northeast Florida Safety Council, in partnership with FCTC offers this 8 hour classroom and behind the wheel training for drivers who have little or no forklift-driving experience.
- Participants must be at least 18 years of age to enroll and must successfully complete the 4 hour Forklift Safety Training Class prior to attending the hands-on training.
- Visit NEFSC or call (904) 399-3119 for registration information.
For more information, contact our Public Safety Campus at (904)-547-3542 or email.