Dual Enrollment

What is Dual Enrollment?

St. Johns County School District has a commitment to careers by providing high school students with hands-on learning opportunities at First Coast Technical College. Students can travel to FCTC for technical classes while taking required academic courses at their home high school.

Students who have completed credits in comparable technical courses at their high schools may receive credit for those competencies enabling them to begin their technical program at an advanced level. Students receive industry level hands-on training in a work environment lab. Dual enrollment students are exempt from paying tuition. Some programs will also require uniforms or safety equipment to be purchased.

What is the Dual Enrollment Application Process?

Please communicate your interest to your High School Counselor.  Their signature is required on the Dual Enrollment Application.

UPDATED Dual Enrollment Application 2024-25…extended deadline is May 3, 2024 for several programs

Applied Cybersecurity Dual Enrollment flyer

What is Dual Enrollment Application Deadline?

Summer/Fall 2024-25
Applications due to FCTC in March 20, 2024- with an extended May 3, 2024 deadline for the following programs:

  • Applied Cybersecurity
  • Master Automotive Service Technology
  • Diesel Systems Technology
  • Heating, Ventilation, Air-Conditioning/Refrigeration
  • Early Childhood Education
  • Landscape and Turf Management

Spring 2025
Applications due to FCTC by October 25, 2024
*Please note that classes may be limited in the Spring

Dual Enrollment Programs 

Requirements for Enrollment

Dual Enrollment, High School Secondary and Early Career Program for rising 9th graders/current 8th graders, each have specific enrollment requirements which are listed on the applications.

  • Good attendance and discipline record
  • 2.0 unweighted GPA for dual enrollment only
  • On track for graduation
  • Room in the student’s schedule for a minimum of two consecutive periods. Also please be advised some courses may require additional periods.
  • Interested students must make sure to communicate their interest to their High School Counselor.
Back to top