What is Dual Enrollment?
St. Johns County School District has a commitment to careers by providing high school students with hands-on learning opportunities at First Coast Technical College. Students can travel to FCTC for technical classes while taking required academic courses at their home high school.
For a breakdown of certification opportunities, view the Opportunity Awaits Course Progression.
Students who have completed credits in comparable technical courses at their high schools may receive credit for those competencies enabling them to begin their technical program at an advanced level. Students receive industry level hands-on training in a work environment lab. Dual enrollment students are exempt from paying tuition. Some programs will also require uniforms or safety equipment to be purchased.
What is the Dual Enrollment Application Process?
Please communicate your interest to your High School Counselor. Complete and return the Dual Enrollment Application 2023-24 to your High School Counselors.
What is Dual Enrollment Application Deadline?
Application due to FCTC by March 11th
Applications due to FCTC by October 27th
*Please note that classes may be limited in the Spring
Dual Enrollment Programs
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning/Refrigeration
- Landscape & Turf Management
- Nursery Management
- Automotive Service Technology
- Culinary Arts
- Diesel Systems Technician
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assisting
- Welding Technology
Requirements for Enrollment
Dual Enrollment, High School Secondary and Early Career Program for rising 9th graders/current 8th graders, each have specific enrollment requirements which are listed on the applications.
- Good attendance and discipline record
- 2.0 unweighted GPA for dual enrollment only
- On track for graduation
- Room in the student’s schedule for a minimum of two consecutive periods. Also please be advised some courses may require additional periods.
- Interested students must make sure to communicate their interest to their High School Counselor.