- Dates: August 8, 2022
- Hours: One day
- Time: 1:00 PM-5:00 PM
- Fee: $75.00 which is non-refundable and non-transferable
- Registration: (904) 547-3381 or (904) 547-3383. Candidates may register by phone or in person at Registration on the Main Campus. Each test is limited to the first 50 applicants on a first-come, first-served basis.
This test is required as a component of the application process for six northeast Florida fire departments. Departments which require this test are:
- City of Jacksonville Beach Fire Department
- City of St. Augustine Fire Department
- Clay County Fire Rescue
- Flagler County Fire Rescue
- Nassau County Fire Rescue
- St. Johns County Fire Rescue
All registered applicants will be sent a detailed information package containing requirements for testing, suggested study materials, time, date, location of testing, and a detailed description of the process.
As a brief overview, the test consists of three components:
- Written- multiple-choice exam
- 50% fire-based questions / 50 % EMS based questions
- Medical Skills test
- Hands-on testing of three EMS skills
- On-Target Combat Task test- five tasks performed in seven minutes or less:
- Hose carry to the fifth floor
- Hose hoist to the fifth floor
- Kaiser sled machine (forcible entry simulator)
- Charged hose drag
- 165 lb. mannequin drag
For future courses, email the Career Specialist for Public Safety or call (904) 547-3542.
You may view a short video demonstration by clicking on the FCTC Fire Agility Test.
NOTE: The two-mile walk shown on the video is NOT a part of the Tri-county test. It is given only to those seeking to enter the fire academy.