English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) provides individualized education for students who want to improve their ability to speak English. Instruction is provided in groups that are set by each student’s level. Coaching includes traditional methods along with computer software for grammar, pronunciation, listening, writing, speaking, workplace readiness, and life skills.
If you have general questions for the English for Speakers of Other Languages Program (ESOL), call 904.547.3434 or email [email protected]. (If you would like to reach a particular person in the Adult Education Department, our personnel contact list is at the bottom of this page.)
HOW TO ENROLL
Complete the application for new students in Focus. Go to: https://fctc.focusschoolsoftware.com/focus/apply. Please be sure that you’re in the “Application for New Students”. In the password field, put FCTC.
- Contact Student Advising at 904-547-3378 or 904-547-3379 to make an appointment for the oral review.
- Go to Registration to enroll in the Comprehensive Adult Student Assessment System (CASAS). A $25 registration fee will be due when the assessment is scheduled.
- Contact Assessment at 904-547-3390 to schedule a date & time for the CASAS session.
- Take the CASAS assessment.
- Course & EFL determined.
- Contact Registration to enroll in class. The $30 tuition will be due at enrollment.
Special accommodations, such as extra time to take the test, may be granted to persons with physical disabilities, SLD, ADHD, or other disabilities. If you had an IEP or 504C plan, you may be eligible for accommodations. Please contact FCTC Advising to schedule an appointment to discuss your needs.
- Samantha Guldswog: 904-547-3379 or [email protected]
- Wakilah Augustus: 904-547-3378 or [email protected]
If you have questions about assessment, contact the FCTC Testing Coordinator.
- Caitlyn Stewart: 904.547.3390 or [email protected].
Unsure of what Career is right for you? Do you want to find a job that is fulfilling and exciting? FCTC has partnered with Florida Shines so our students can pave their way to a meaningful and rewarding profession. Florida Shines offers a series of questions that help you decide how your interests align with your future. Educational pathways and job outcomes are available, as well as self-assessment tools and a resume builder.
Explore more at https://www.floridashines.org/find-a-career/mycareershines.
ESOL is offered at the St. Augustine Main Campus only.
- 12:30 pm – 3:00 pm Monday – Thursday
- 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm Monday – Thursday
ENGLISH FOR SPEAKERS OF OTHER LANGUAGE DEPARTMENT PERSONNEL
- Patrick Flahive, Coordinator of Adult Education: [email protected] or 904-547-3430
- Antoinette Gilkey, Instructor, English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL), day class: [email protected] or 904-547-3480
- Robert McGill, Instructor, English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL), night class: [email protected] or 904-547-3461
- Rebecca Pelletier, Confidential Staff Secretary: [email protected] or 904-547-3434