First Coast Technical College is a post-secondary institution, which accepts applications on a nondiscriminatory basis from anyone having the interest, ability, and desire to benefit from career and technical education programs. To assist students in meeting their goals, there are minimum age, educational, and health requirements established for each program. In addition to career and technical training programs, FCTC offers Adult Basic Education classes and GED preparation classes. The College also offers secondary high school programs and dual enrollment programs through articulation agreements with Clay, Putnam, and St. Johns county school districts. Special applications for secondary students are available. The FCTC Guidance Counselor or Student Advisor, located in Building A, may be contacted for assistance at any stage of the enrollment process.
1. Contact a Student Advisor to discuss course options
2. Visit your chosen program area: meet with the instructor and determine your entry date and class times
3. If interested in tuition assistance/ financial aid, start your application online.
4. Register for the TABE (Test for Adult Basic Education) by contacting the Registration offices at our Palatka or St. Augustine Locations. The fee is $25.00.
5. Review the results of your TABE test with the Student Advisor
6. Complete Florida Residency Requirements
7. Register for Remediation if necessary, $30 fee.
- Must provide 2 forms of proof of Florida residency
8. Obtain program application (if applicable)
9. Turn in completed application (if required) at registration office ($10.00 Fee)
10.Enroll at one of our Registration offices:
St. Augustine Campus
2980 Collins Avenue
St. Augustine, FL 32084
(904) 547-FCTC (3282)
Putnam County Campus
1001 Husson Avenue
Palatka, FL 32177
Green Cove Springs Campus
1305 North Orange Avenue
Green Cove Springs, Fl 32043
11. Complete the Parking Permit form
12. Receive from Registration: (1) Admit slip for class (2) Student Identification Badge (3) Parking permit
13. Start your class on the assigned entry date
For more information on enrollment and student policies, please refer to the Student Handbook.