The following measures are taken to ensure the security of your private information:
- All paper records are secured in each of the Financial Aid Specialists’ Office. Offices are locked every time the Specialist leaves their office, even for a short time.
- All electronic records – network & local copies – are password protected. No records can be accessed without the appropriate login ID’s & passwords.
- Information release forms are available online or in the Financial Aid Office for you to consent to release records to specific individuals, agencies, or companies.
Common access is authorized for:
- The student
- Financial aid staff
- Authorized FCTC staff
- Authorized outside parties
- US Dept. of Education
- Law enforcement (Federal, State, local) with appropriate subpoena and after the student is notified
- other educational institutions as needed to award financial aid
Examples of those who do NOT have access to your records:
- Unauthorized college staff; parents (unless the student authorizes access)
- State agencies except for the State Financial Aid Office
- Law enforcement without proper authorization
Completion of the Consent to Release of Information (FERPA) provides written consent to release information to third parties. Please submit the completed form to a Student Advisor so they can scan it to your student file.