The Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) is not required for this program.
Enrollment Open To:
Adult and High School Students
Program Start Dates:
For full application deadlines and schedule, visit the downloads section of this page.
St. Augustine Main Campus / Palatka Campus
Day & Evening
What You'll Learn:
- Assist patient with certain medications
- Basic anatomy & physiology
- Emergency childbirth
- Gain access & remove patients from crashes
- Perform critical life savings interventions for diabetics & patients having an allergic reaction
- Perform physical exams
- Treat and safely transport patients with a wide variety of broken bones or other trauma
- Treat heart attack patients or near drowning situation
- Treat seizures or other medical emergencies
full time enrollment = 10 weeks, actual weeks may change depending on scheduled hours in class
Program Estimated Cost:
|OCP||Course Number||Course Title||Course Length|
|A||HSC0003||Basic Healthcare Worker||90|
|B||EMS0159||Emergency Medical Technician||160|
- Ambulance service
- EMT – hospital emergency room
- EMT – private ambulance
- Fire stations
- Patient care technician – health care facilities
- Physicians’ offices
*Based on the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Florida
EMT Program costs & book list: EMT Costs Mar 2014
Short Term Public Safety Courses
FCTC’s Public Safety Campus offers periodic training courses for Firefighters, EMTs, Paramedics and other professionals. Schedules for each course are listed below.
To register call (904) 547-3282.
EVOC: September 7 & 8, 2014
EMT Refresher Course: October 20, 21 and 27, 28 2014
Instructor or Department Contact Information:
Name: Frank McElroy, Coordinator, North Campus
Email: email@example.com Phone: 904-547-3540
Name: Angie Lord, Office Support Assistant, North Campus
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 904-547-3542
For gainful employment information please click here.