The Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) is not required for this program.
Enrollment Open To:
Program Start Dates:
For full application deadlines and schedule, visit the downloads section of this page.
St. Augustine Main Campus / Palatka Campus
Day & Evening
What You'll Learn:
- Assist patient with certain medications
- Basic anatomy & physiology
- Emergency childbirth
- Gain access & remove patients from crashes
- Perform critical life savings interventions for diabetics & patients having an allergic reaction
- Perform physical exams
- Treat and safely transport patients with a wide variety of broken bones or other trauma
- Treat heart attack patients or near drowning situation
- Treat seizures or other medical emergencies
full time enrollment = 10 weeks, actual weeks may change depending on scheduled hours in class
Program Estimated Cost:
|OCP||Course Number||Course Title||Course Length|
|A||HSC0003||Basic Healthcare Worker||90|
|B||EMS0159||Emergency Medical Technician||160|
- Ambulance service
- EMT – hospital emergency room
- EMT – private ambulance
- Fire stations
- Patient care technician – health care facilities
- Physicians’ offices
*Based on the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Florida
EMT Program costs & book list: EMT
Short Term Public Safety Courses
FCTC’s Public Safety Campus offers periodic training courses for Firefighters, EMTs, Paramedics and other professionals. Schedules for each course are listed below.
To register call (904) 547-3282.
EMT Refresher Course: Call (904) 547-3542 or email EMSprograms@fctc.edu for information.
Instructor or Department Contact Information:
Name: Doug Grimm, Coordinator, Public Safety Campus
Name: Ronnette Waycaster, Office Support Assistant, Public Safety Campus
For gainful employment information please click here.