Law, Public Safety and Security
The Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) is not required for this program.
Enrollment Open To:
Program Start Dates:
For application deadlines and complete start dates visit the downloads section on this page
Public Safety Campus
Day & Evening
What You'll Learn:
- Basic fire department organization & history
- Building construction & structural awareness
- Fighting wild fires
- Fire behavior and theories of extinguishment
- Fire department safety practices, protective clothing & communications systems
- Forcing entry into buildings & vehicles
- Hazardous materials awareness
- Knowledge of fire behavior
- Proper techniques of using fire streams to extinguish
- Use and care of fire hose, nozzles & related equipment
- Use of ropes and ladders
- Ventilating smoke and heat
full time enrollment = 10 weeks, actual weeks may change depending on scheduled hours in class
Program Estimated Cost:
|OCP||Course Number||Course Title||Course Length|
|A||FFP0010||Fire Fighter I||206|
|B||FFP0020||Fire Fighter II||192|
- Fire Stations
- Forestry department
*Based on the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Florida
Program costs & book list:Fire Fighting 1& 2
Short Term Public Safety Courses
FCTC’s Public Safety Campus offers periodic training courses for Firefighters, EMTs, Paramedics and other professionals. Schedules for each course are listed below.
These courses are offered periodically based on student need and number of students registered for the course. More information is available at the Public Safety Campus in St. Augustine (3640 Gaines Road) where the classes take place.
To register contact our Registration Department at (904) 547-3381 or (904) 547-3383
No Short Term courses scheduled at this time.
Instructor or Department Contact Information:
Name: Frank McElroy, Coordinator, Public Safety Campus
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 904-547-3540
Name: Ronnette Waycaster, Office Support Assistant, Public Safety Campus
For gainful employment information please click here.