Date: February 5, 2019, April 12, 2019 and July 9, 2019
This test is required as a component of the application process for six northeast Florida fire departments. Departments which require this test are:
- City of Jacksonville Beach Fire Department
- City of St. Augustine Fire Department
- Clay County Fire Rescue
- Flagler County Fire Rescue
- Nassau County Fire Rescue
- St. Johns County Fire Rescue
Testing fee: $75.00 which is non-refundable and non-transferable.
For upcoming classes, email the Career Specialist for Public Safety or call (904) 547-3542.
Candidates may register by phone at (904) 547-3282, or in person at Registration on the Main Campus. Each test is limited to the first 50 applicants on a first come, first served basis.
All registered applicants will be sent a detailed information package containing requirements for testing, suggested study materials, time, date, location of testing, and a detailed description of the process.
As a brief overview, the test consists of three components:
- Written- multiple choice exam
- 50% fire based questions / 50 % EMS based questions
- Medical Skills test
- Hands on testing of three EMS skills
- On-Target Combat Task test- five tasks performed in seven minutes or less:
- Hose carry to fifth floor
- Hose hoist to fifth floor
- Kaiser sled machine (forcible entry simulator)
- Charged hose drag
- 165 lb mannequin drag
You may view a short video demonstration by clicking on the FCTC Fire Agility Test
NOTE: The two mile walk shown on the video is NOT a part of the Tri-county test. It is given only to those seeking to enter the fire academy.